The Pender Coalition started in December 2016 and meets the first Wednesday of the month from 12pm to 1pm at the Pender County Health Department.
Pender County Statistics
- Total Populations of Pender County is 52,447
- Top three deaths in Pender County are Cancer, Heart Disease and Stroke
- 28% of adults in Pender County are smokers compared to the state average of 20%
- 40% of adults in Pender County are obese/overweight compared to the state average of 30.1%
- 18.5% of adults in Pender County have diabetes compared to the state average of 13%
- 23.4% of deaths in Pender County are related to motor vehicle accidents compared to the state average of 14.3%
- 24% of residents in Pender County do not know where to receive help for substance use
- 24% of deaths in Pender County are caused by suicides compared to the state average of 12.2%
COMMUNITY HEALTH ASSESSMENT – According to the Community Health Assessment “from January-October 2014, the Pender County Health Department lead a community health planning effort that involved over 40 agency and community partners serving Pender County. This collaborative helped to identify, collect, analyze and disseminate information on Pender County’s assets, strengths,resources, and needs.” To review this community health assessment click here.
67% of individuals who misuse medication in NC get it from their home or a home of someone they know. Go the Operation Medicine Drop to find a permanent medication drop box in your community.
Please check out our Resource Page for services in your area.