The 11th National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is on March 10th, 2016. The purpose of the observance is to raise awareness of the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.
- Women represent nearly 1 in 3 newly reported cases of HIV infection in the US.
- Two of every three women with HIV is African American.
- An estimated 88% of women who are living with HIV are diagnosed, but only 32% have the virus under control.
- Most new HIV infections in women are from heterosexual contact (84%).
- De los aproximadamente 251,700 latinos que viven con VIH, solo 35% recibe atención médica.
HIV shouldn’t have to be a
part of your life.
Call today to get tested…it’s free…910-202-3860